Thursday, July 11, 2013

To Korea!


I am bored on the plane so I am pre-writing this blog! I got to LAX around 5am and did all the usual flying business. KOed before takeoff like usual. From LA, I had a layover in SF and finally made my way onto my 12 hour flight. It wasn't too bad, I slept for about half of it and watched some movies while I was awake. Too bad the plane doesn't have individual TV screens =(. I don't know why I bothered taking pictures of airplane food but I am too accustomed to taking pictures of everything I eat haha. I also learned how to maneuver over sleeping middle seat people without waking up. I felt like a spy trying not to trip those laser alarms lol. I have also begun my cultural immersion by listening to the K-pop and J-pop music on the plane! There are still about 2 hours left before I land... I still need to fill out the customs form because I said I was Korean while I was sleeping and now my form is in Korean haha. Time to play some more iPad games!




Okay, I arrived! Took a while to get to our place. After some confusion with what train I was supposed to take, I eventually got on it and went for about an hour to get to Hongdae. Our hosts, Jay and Mr. Bang, eventually found me and took me up to the room. Cool thing is that they have a portable wifi device so we can take it around with us. It's a little ghetto looking here but it's clean, and it's close to everything. I walked outside for a little bit and it's so exciting! Looks kind of like NYC with a lot of Korean kids running around. Theres a lot of little clothes shops, food shops, cafes, and music playing everywhere. I can't wait to explore it more when everyone gets here! I had a snack at some random food shop called Hong Cup lol, it was fried chicken and rice cake... and two tater tots lol. I got soy garlic flavor, it was pretty good. Then my next destination, the Korean spa!





No comments:

Post a Comment